Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year
“The most prestigious Awards in the industry” - The Independent
“One of the world’s most well-respected and creative niche photo contests” - Advanced Photographer
The categories cover the full cultural range of the depiction of food in society – there is something for everyone. From styled food for magazines to images of families eating together in celebration of religious festivals, from depictions of the realities of food production to food growing in its natural setting.
Since 2011, over 70,000 images and films have been submitted from over 77 countries.
- Champagne Taittinger Wedding Food Photographer
- Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year
- Food for Celebration sponsored by Champagne Taittinger
- Production Paradise Food off the Press
- Food Film Shorts
- Winterbotham Darby Food for Sale
- Street Food
- World Food Programme Food for Life
- One Vision Imaging Cream of the Crop
- Food for the Family
- Bring Home the Harvest
- Food Bloggers
- Politics of Food
- Pink Lady® Apple a Day
- Food in the Field
- Food at the Table
- The Philip Harben Award for Food in Action
- Marks & Spencer Food Portraiture NOTE: Entries to this category may not have an association with any other retailer
- On the Phone in aid of Action Against Hunger Registered charity no. 1047501
- Food Stylist
- Fujifilm Award for Innovation
- The Claire Aho Award for Women Photographers
- Student Food Photographer of the Year supported by The RPS
- Young (under 18s)
Entry to the Young (under 18) categories is free of charge. A maximum of five entries may be submitted to the Young (under 18) categories.
A single sum of £30.00 is required per adult entrant and allows up to 5 photographic entries. Further entries may be submitted at an additional fee of £6 per entry.
The exception being for entries to the On the Phone category, the fee for which is £6 per entry only, £2 of which will be given as a donation to Action Against Hunger.
To enter the Food Film Shorts category the fee will be £30 per video submitted.
To enter the Food Stylist category the fee will be £30 per portfolio of 5 images submitted. (Read the rest of the terms on their site)
The competition closes on 7th February 2021. Shortlisted entrants will be notified in March 2021 and higher resolution files requested. Entrants may not identify any entries as having been selected as Finalist entries until after the announcement of the winners has been made in April 2021. The judging of the shortlisted entries will take place in March 2021, and the winners announced in April 2021.
The title of Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2021 will be awarded to the single image judged to be the most striking and memorable of all the eligible category winning entries.
The overall winner of the title of Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2021 will receive £5000 GBP.
Finalist images may be offered commercial opportunities in the form of an online gallery with images being made available for sale. Images may also be published in an exhibition catalogue, promotional material and on the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year website.
Commended images may be published in an exhibition catalogue, promotional material and on the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year website.